Friday, April 3, 2009

One hundred point no

So, Addy is sick. It doesn't appear to be anything serious, but she's had a low-grade fever all day long. She's not ever had more than a cold, so enter the introduction of the thermometer. We have a pretty snazzy under-the-arm one; it takes 30 seconds and beeps when it's finished. The first time I used it today, Addy was interested in the process and didn't fight it at all. However, after her nap she decided that she didn't want to have her temperature taken. So I decided to take Kennedy's temperature in front of Addy - thinking that might make the whole process interesting again. Anything the baby does is pretty cool, you know. I took Kennedy's temp and then turned to take Addy's. Addy pointed to Kennedy and said "No. Baby do it." Very clearly she understood. I wanted the thermometer warmed and Kennedy was the gal for the job.

AND

Again tonight before bed, I wanted to take Addy's temperature. After a little coaxing, I got the thermometer under her arm. After about 3 seconds, she said "beep".

She didn't fool me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's funny. if she winked when she said beep, I wouldn't have been surprised. she obviously has found the best home for her. thanks for sharing. dapapa smith

Mrsfroberg said...

audrey hates having her temp taken. when she was sick last, she actually started screaming in her sleep, we went to check on her, and she had her hand in her armpit and was saying "no like my temperature taken".... all in her sleep!! it was so sad, but funny, all at once.c

Claire said...

That's hilarious - and somewhat frustrating, I'd imagine. :)