Friday, November 16, 2007

Favorite Salad

So, we didn't do our weekly 'dinner and a movie' night this week, but I thought that I would post my favorite salad recipe. It's one that my Mom often would serve at Thanksgiving and/or Christmas and I would always look forward to eating it. Truly, I know that it sounds a little icky with the sour cream, but trust me, it's wonderful!!

Raspberry Marble Salad:

Makes 8 servings

2 packages raspberry gelatin
2 cups boiling water
1 package (10 oz) frozen raspberries
1 small can crushed pineapple
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
8 ounce box dairy sour cream

Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add raspberries, stirring to thaw. Chill until partially set. Add pineapple and walnuts. Put half of mixture into 11 x 7-in pan or casserole dish. Spread sour cream over this and add second half of gelatin mixture over sour cream layer. Chill until set.

No comments: