Monday, November 12, 2007

Good day

I have no idea of what to write about. But yet I promised myself that I would truly try to keep up with blogging. It’s now 10:45 and I’m headed to bed – or at least I would be, except that I haven’t yet blogged today. So here I am trying to spit out a post that at least makes some morsel of sense to those who read it. I’ve always been told to ‘write what you know’, so here goes. My day in 400 words or less! (Don’t hold your breath – it’s really not all that exciting!) =)

I don’t really know where the time went today. I think that little aliens must have landed and sucked all of the time out of the minutes. Seriously. Ok, maybe not… but that’s kind of the way that it feels.

Lots of errand running and lots of piddly stuff at home got done, but nothing of great consequence. I tried to think of a reason – any reason (well any good reason, at least) to get out of my dentist appointment tomorrow. No luck there. I guess I’m going. Ah well.

I started mentally matching Christmas gifts to names on the the ‘What are we going to give (insert name here)?’ list. And I grumbled under my breath (just a little) about the fact that the halls are completely decked in most stores a week and a half before Thanksgiving. But then I listened to the Christmas music playing over the sound systems and grumbled just a little less.

I probably put a huge hole in a tree today with all of the Kleenex that I used. And I also tried to convince myself that I’m not getting sick. Three cough drops and four Tylenol later, I realized that I was wrong. (And the bummer is that even with this knowledge, the dentist still told me to come in…).

I laughed as I went in to check on Addy during her afternoon nap. Flexible as all get out, she was folded in half – face touching toes – happily asleep and none the worse for wear when she woke up.

I made Addy laugh. I cleaned some. I caught up on some email. I did some 'webmistressing'. I played with Addy. And now – here it’s 11:00 and I’m here writing about nothing really, but putting words on the paper all the same.

I have to say though, all in all, it still was a pretty good day. After all - the sun rose, the house stayed warm, the roof stayed put in the icky wind, the car got me to and from everywhere I needed to go, the company was good, the food that we ate was healthy and yummy, and the three family members in our little nucleus felt and sent love back and forth all day long.

I guess measuring the tangible things done in and with time isn’t the only way to measure the worth of a day...

1 comment:

Hoban Family said...

That post made me cry. So many days go by and I feel like I did nothing of substance but you really made me think about how I considered my day. Thanks! :)