Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Make ahead meals

I was looking for some good freeze ahead recipes so that I could take some meals to a couple Moms who have just had babies and I ran across this blog. The food looks good and, best of all, the site includes exact instructions for heating before eating (most of the sites that I found only mentioned that certain recipes were great for freezing and eating later, but they didn't include re-heating instructions). After finding this site, I may look into the 'once a month cooking' idea. It's given me the guts (and a little know-how) to freeze some of the meals that I already make!

3 comments:

Hoban Family said...

Those are awesome Melanie, thanks for passing them along.

Jamie said...

I've just started trying the freezer meals. I made about two weeks worth in one day and so I was stocked up for a bit. It was so nice because the day gets hectic at dinnertime around here, so it was nice to have dinner taken care of for the most part. It's crazy and busy that one or two days to make all the meals, but so worth it to have dinner prepared for a couple of weeks. I will definitely have to take a look at this website and see what I can find. Thanks for the link! I can always use any help in the kitchen I can get!!

Hanson Crew said...

I bookmarked that one - thanks Melanie. I have tried freezing meals before with friends and it was a lot fun to all cook together for a day and then be stocked up - it does help a little. Good luck to you guys too!