Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Unique Addy

I've started journaling to/for Addy, because I want to remember the thoughts and feelings that go through my head and heart as I watch her grow and learn. There are so many things that I want for her. One of hundreds: I want her to find her way in life - for herself. If schools today are anything like the ones that I went to, there will be pressure to conform. While, in certain situations that's not all bad, I want her to realize that it's ok (and good, even) to be unique in certain ways too.

So, I was really happy to find Trendy Tadpole mentioned the other day on another Mom's blog. The online store has such cute and distinctive clothing. Of course, there will always be a place for pink in Addy's life, but every once in a while, it's fun to dress her in something that distinguishes her from others. I hope that she is able to approach life in the same way - ordinary with a dash of the extraordinary. For now, it's simply clothing, but I hope that she understands the larger meaning as she grows.

No comments: