Saturday, January 10, 2009

Patience

According to dictionary.com, the definiton of patience is:
an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay

My definition is:
singing songs, talking about chocolate chips (rewards), doing finger puppet theater, reading books and looking at pictures while your toddler is on the potty, only to have her stand up after an hour and declare that she would like a diaper (which she then promptly uses).

Ah well - it's a work in progress. =)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Ah, yes. Potty training. I hate it! Leevi was so hard, Raquel was a breeze. I'm wondering how Aaron will be. We're not even close, so I think we'll hold off for a while. I'm in no rush.

With Raquel I used a book called "Potty Training in Less Than a Day". And she was! It was so easy. But she was definitely ready to be potty trained at the time. I know this method wouldn't have worked for Leevi, so I know it's not for everyone. But it was so easy with Raquel.

Any way you do it, good luck! (And just in case you didn't know, all kids sit there forever, just to stand and pee on the floor. It just works that way. And the fact that she asks for a diaper and then uses it right away means she knows she is about to go. That's a big step! Eventually they all figure it out!)

Anonymous said...

Ha! That is like the story I told you about my cousins son Braeden! I laugh at these stories now, but I'm sure you will be laughing at me in a year! :o)