Saturday, September 22, 2007

Because I Said So ***1/2 (out of 5)

I’m talking about the movie not the blog (though the blog is pretty funny – I highly recommend that you check it out). Anyway – on to the movie.

It’s about the dynamic between mothers and daughters. This movie shows what happens when a well-intentioned mom (Diane Keaton) meddles just a bit too much in her youngest daughter’s (Mandy Moore) love life. Mom places an online personal ad for daughter (without daughter’s knowledge) with hopes of finding Mr. Right for daughter (from mom’s perspective of course). Complications arise when daughter starts dating two men – the one that mom picked and one that mom most certainly would not have picked.

About one third of the way into the movie, I had rather high hopes, but the movie did start to slide downhill a bit as the end approached. It just seemed to end rather abruptly. The primary plot of the movie became secondary to a minor storyline and I was left wanting a little more resolution than was provided.

All-in-all though, it was a fun movie and a good chic flick. I loved the dynamic between Mom and daughter (and the other two daughters/sisters that I have neglected to mention here as well).

I watched this movie while Adam was out of town, and I’m positive that was the right time to watch it. I think that he would have lumped it into his “They Came to Talk” category of movies that he doesn’t particularly care for. =) I’d guess that most guys would feel the same way about the movie as well. But, if you’re looking for a movie night in with the girls, I’d say to give it a go.

No comments: