Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The life of a dollar bill

For the past couple years, I've been trying to track the dollar bills that come in and go out of our house. Of course, this is true from a 'balancing-the-checkbook' standpoint, but I'm actually speaking more literally. I'm talking about tracking bills through the Where's George (cleverly named for George Washington) site. It's simple - when we receive a bill, I log it at the site and then stamp the bill with a Where's George stamp in hopes that the next person will see the stamp and log the bill in at the site after it leaves my hands. I've had a couple hits, though nothing all that exciting (all bills have stayed in the area, even though we've been sure to take stamped bills with us when we go on vacation), but I have to admit, the possibility of what could happen if the right bill ended up in all of the right hands keeps me stamping and entering!

No comments: